Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Welcome to the 802

Welcome to My Oyster!
My name is Laura and I am a first-year (first-year, not a freshman, because first-years are infinitely cooler than freshmen) at Saint Michael's College in the always awesome Vermont. We're so awesome that we even have our own area code (that would be the 802). 

Why a Mason Jar?
My dorm building is Joyce Hall, whose only flaw is that I am right in the middle of everything, so I always see a ton of people. Just kidding - that's one of the best things about my building. But I digress. My floor's theme is mason jars, and I live in a single room, so technically, my room is my mason jar. 

What Are You Talking About?
This is the first time that I've ever written a blog with a purpose, although there will probably be some healthy rambling going on here, too. But in connection to the name, I will be blogging about different things I do around campus and in Burlington (otherwise known as Burly), both so I remember and to explain why SMC is so amazing. There might even be some ventures into Montreal, once I figure out the bus system. Most of my non-ramblings will probably be food-oriented, because that is the most important part of college life and one of my biggest social activities.

Do You Know What You're Talking About?
Of course! I am writing about my life, and my experiences as a Vermont newbie from New Jersey who will hopefully provide a fresh breath of mid-Atlantic air.

Keep your eyes peeled for anecdotes and adventures from yours truly,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment