Friday, October 2, 2015

What I'm Doing

I was sitting in my room, enjoying my Pandora jazz station, when I realized I never posted last week! Sadly, last weekend was a staycation; sometimes you just have to stay home and write a paper. Therefore, this is my make-up post, about one of the groups I've been working with on campus: Active Minds!

 We are essentially a mental health advocacy group, but there is so much more to it than that! Tomorrow, we are participating in a 5K walk with the National Alliance on Mental Illness, near the waterfront in Burlington. It's going to be a bit chilly, but I'm psyched! In addition to the walk, I know we do a lot of anti-stress things during finals week; I'm not sure what else we'll be up to, since our planning meeting is next Tuesday. Speaking of which, I should probably mention we meet every other Tuesday from 8pm to 9pm. We also just did this really cool photo montage (that's probably the wrong word, but I have no idea what else to call it) with #ReasonsISpeak; check it out on our Active Minds at SMC Facebook page! If hyperlinks are scary for you, this video (also on the Facebook page) explains more about Active Minds:


I will be posting again later this weekend, because this time I do NOT have to have a staycation! Stay tuned for more about tonight's pumpkin-related activities and tomorrow's 5K! (Fortunately for you, I will not be regaling you with a play-by-play of Sunday's homework.)

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment